Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mongol Trials

I personally enjoyed the Mongol trials. I liked having a class activity where even if someone came prepared they could be completely thrown off. I felt that I did not do as good as I could and should have. I regret allowing my team to keep my focus on genocide as a european knight and take all of the blame for that. I should have stepped up and told them to base my questions more on the kidnapping and terrorism aspects of the trial, as genocide does not generally work in the case of wars and battles. After the trial my feelings on the Mongols are completely mixed. I do think in some ways that they are not just crazed killers, but they are far more than common empire builders. I also want to admire their empire, but I can not help but think they were too aggressive. As far as the verdict in the trial I would say that the Mongols are guilty of kidnapping and terrorism, but the defenses points were far too weak to say the Mongols are guilty of genocide.

No comments:

Post a Comment